Thursday, March 11, 2010

Startup Woes

Well, getting the new business going is going a little slower than expected. I ordered the pressure washer and surface cleaner from the Northern Tool & Equipment website and to save on shipping costs, I requested that it be shipped to the store.

Well, the other day, I got an email stating that my order had arrived and was ready for pickup. Excited that my wait was finally over, I drove to the store only to find out that only the surface cleaner had arrived. The Pressure Washer hadn't even left the warehouse, yet.

Now if it were the other way around and the pressure washer had arrived but the surface cleaner was delayed, I could have at least used the pressure washer without the surface cleaner attachment.

I try to find the positive side of each situation. So, I've used this delay to start organizing the financial part of the business. I installed the accounting software on my computer this morning before leaving for work and have already began recording (on paper) the assets and expenses and owner capital Journal Entries.

I also began looking into other ways to promote the business and making network contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment